Pages

Friday, July 1, 2011

The Wrong Side of Thirty

My birthday weekend came and went. Started off with my 3 year old projectile vomiting on me, but hey, it can only get better from there!
And it did.
After cleaning up Isaac and jumping in the shower myself, I just plopped him down in front of his favorite television show and went outside to putter in my garden. Fresh annuals.

That evening I went out to my favorite Korean spot, Casserole House, in the Temascal with a couple of my oldest friends. Best kalbi beef! And the banchan are amazing. The head mama of the house even hand fed me (with chopsticks of course) her special kimchi that she makes "only when there is the best cabbage". The evening ended with a cheap bottle of red in my front yard. A perfect 31st birthday.

Well, perfect if my husband could have been there with us, instead of being strong-armed to go into work that night. Ehhh.

Of course, it wouldn't be a proper birthday celebration without a BBQ! On Sunday, we had a gorgeous day with a ton of friends, a ton of food, and a ton of fun. My birthday cake was divine... Crixa Cakes Tuxedo Tiramisu... amazing.

I always find my parties to be interesting science experiments. I have such an odd assortment of friends and family. But I love it when it clicks, as it did at this BBQ.

Overall, a great way to celebrate my birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment